Thursday, September 28, 2006

I can understand why...


I can understand why some Christians make themselves believe that following Jesus brings only blessings, a pain free life, and prosperity. Life would definetely be easier if that was the case. This has been a tremendously busy and stressful week. I sold my house, stayed up late cleaning and packing, moved my stuff into a POD container, signed more papers and emailed more documents then I have in a long time, and on top of it all there are all the church related tasks I had to keep doing.

The crazy thing is I really believe we're doing God's will. Jesus warned us to expect tribulations, trouble, etc. But the most comforting part of all this is that He said that in the midst of all the stress, "I will be with you". Wow what a comfort! I've been meditating on Psalm 91 this whole week and it has given me tremendous peace and strength: "If you abide in the shelter (secret place) of the Most High, you will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." I have found that sometimes unless we go through weeks like this, we forget to appreciate the good things of life and the blessing of just simply having God with us. Can you relate?
Post a Comment