Thursday, April 03, 2008

How Big Are We Willing To Dream?


I often think about one of Louie Giglio's prayers recorded in the Passion OneDay Live cd that goes something like this: "I pray that they will dream dreams that are as big as You are God!"  Last week I spent some time meditating and journaling on two Bible passages hoping and desiring for them to take my faith to a new level.  They are verses that I have in my mind, but I have been trying to take them to the depth of my heart and faith.  Here they are:

"Now Glory be to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine..." Isaiah 55:8

Both of these passages talk about how God is able to do more than I can even "think" or "imagine".  The thing is...  I can imagine some pretty big things, and those are already hard to believe God for, but what I've been praying is that God would show me how to trust and believe that He can do even more than the stretch of my imagination.  Wow, that is faith isn't it?  

Well, with this in mind, I did something that I had never done before and I'd like to recommend to anyone that might read this.  I wrote down some of my dreams... as far and big as I could imagine them to be.  I did not hold back.  I did not want to belittle God with my small dreams.  These are some of the things I wrote down: 
  1. That He would use my life to influence for His Glory every single nation on this Earth.
  2. That millions of people would be healed, restored, and saved through my family.
  3. That my life and my family would make an impact during our lifetime that would last through all future generations.
  4. That my life and my family would not only live up to our human potential, but supernaturally exceed our limitations as we forcefully advance His Kingdom.
Then, after I wrote down these BIG dreams that I could imagine, I quoted and prayed those verses again: that He would "accomplish infinitely more than I might ask or think..." and that though my imagination is quite LARGE, His "ways are far beyond anything I could imagine." 

That's what I'm shooting for, the outcome is His.  My desire is that by looking at my life, everyone can see that I serve a BIG God - and that He is able to do whatever He desires- and He might just use us, if we believe Him for BIG things.  How big can you imagine... ?
Add to Technorati Favorites
Post a Comment