Monday, June 30, 2008

Waiting expectantly...


"So now come back to your God, act with love and justice, and always depend on Him" Hosea 12:6

I my study of Hosea I keep coming across a common theme that seems to reflect an important aspect of God's heart.  It has to do with God desiring our trust, our acknowledgement of Him in our days, our dependency on Him...  

The verse up top popped up at me this morning, so I looked up the word "depend"-- the word in Hebrew is QAVAH (kaw-vaw) and it means "to wait, look for, hope, and expect".  It basically means that God wants us to wait in expectation, anticipating His action.  David used this word often in the Psalms, 

"I am counting (waiting) on the Lord, yes I am counting (waiting) on Him, I have put my hope in your word."  Ps. 130:5

To wait on God is not to just sit around and have empty hope that something magically will happen.  It is to take Him at His Word, to anticipate His action when we're seeking Him, it is to count on Him...  It's expecting His favor, when we walk upright with Him...  It's believing for His provision, when we obey Him... It's trusting that He's working, when things don't seem to make sense...  It's depending on Him, because He is God.

My prayer is that we'd acknowledge God in every season, in every decision, in every move... then wait in anticipation for Him to do more than we can even dream of. 

God I wait on you.
Post a Comment