Thursday, July 03, 2008

Don't forget to remember.


"I have been your God ever since...  I took care of you... But when you had eaten and were satisfied, you became proud and forgot me."  Hosea 13:4-6

I've been thinking about this verse for a couple days now and how it relates to this new season of life I'm entering.  We're having to depend on God now probably more than ever before in our lives.  We're motivated to pray hard now, because without God we will fail in this journey of raising funds to move our family to one of the most expensive places to live in America in order to plant a church. 

Now we're praying, we're seeking, we're trusting, we're working hard, we're thinking about God every second...  we're acknowledging Him for His miracles, we're praising Him for every act of kindness and every glimpse of provision.  

But what will happen after He shows Himself faithful, after He provides, after He gives us success, after we experience His tremendous grace and favor, and after He answers our prayer?  Will I still pray as hard, or will I forget Him?  Will I still praise Him, or will I be prideful?  Will I still risk and work hard after I've "eaten and become satisfied", or will I get lazy?  

Will I allow success to blind my understanding of my dependency on Him?

"Father, thank you for reminding me now of what my response should be later.  I pray that through your grace we will all still remember You on the other side of 'success'.  You have been our Lord... You took care of us...  now we choose to remember and never forget who brought us here."
Post a Comment