Thursday, August 14, 2008

1st Date with Lily


Today I took my 2-year old daughter, Lily, on our first ever official date. Hopefully, this was the first of many of our dates. We ate pasta together, she gave me some of hers, I gave her some of mine... We talked about boys (really, we did), we laughed together, and had lots of fun. 

The love you feel for your child is simply divine.  I don't know how any parent cannot see God in their love for their children.  It is unexplainable with human words.  As I look at Lily and Cailyn, I cannot help but to be overwhelmed with this deep type of love.  And this love is different than the love I feel for my wife.  In fact, it fuels my love for her.  My love for her is by far the most intimate of human loves, but it is like comparing apples and oranges, in a way.  It's like my wife is the best orange in the world, and my kids are the best apples in the world.  It's kinda hard to compare my family with fruit, but you know what I mean.

Anyways, after dinner, Lily and I ate some icecream and came back home.  I'll never forget this moment. 
Post a Comment