Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Need To Know

“The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?” Proverbs 20:24

In the last few years, I feel God has been trying to teach me this principle stated above.  I’ve had a real longing to be in control of things – to understand where things are heading, how we’ll get there, and everything in between.  He’s been showing me that the more I know about the process, the less faith that is required of me. 

The Scriptures are clear that, “without faith it is impossible to please God,” so I believe that God will often leave us without answers so that we learn to trust Him and give over the control.  My job is to stay close to His presence, hear His voice, and obey Him.  The rest is in His hands.

Why try to know everything if God is the one directing us?  

Post a Comment