Monday, October 20, 2008

I envision a day...


"A solemn fear descended on the city, and the name of the Lord Jesus was greatly honored (magnified)... So the message about the Lord spread widely and had a powerful effect (prevailed)." Acts 19:17, 20

I envision a day when the solemn fear of God descends on the Silicon Valley and the name of Jesus is greatly honored and magnified.  I envision a day when the message of the Lord spreads widely across the country and the world and prevails in a world that is decaying and in need of God.  I envision the Church taking its place in the world as the servants of God, the lovers of peace, the spreaders of love, the hands of hope, the keepers of justice, God's light in the midst of darkness. 

I envision a day when the name of Jesus is once again honored among all people and recognized as the name above all names.  The name that brings healing, peace, restoration, salvation.  The name at which demons tremble and people treat with respect and reverence.  

I envision a day when the people of God become known once again by their acts of love, not their words of judgement.  I envision a day when the people of God become known once again by their hard work, their uncompromising integrity, their unshakable family values, their unselfish acts of kindness, their overflowing love for all people, their undeserving kindness.  

"Father, help me to honor and magnify the name of Jesus above all other things in my life.  I pray that your Word would spread widely and powerfully through my life."
Post a Comment