Monday, July 13, 2009

The Power of God

"For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God's power. Which do you choose?" 1 Cor. 4:20

I'm amazed at how easy it is to appear to have God's power, but not have it at all. We've seen so many examples of people who seem to have it all together, who's speech is compelling, who's lives seem so spiritual, etc. but it was just a bunch of talk.

I so desperately don't want to be that person. What's the point of the Christian life if God's power is not in us? Why claim to follow Jesus, without having His power flowing through my hands, my mouth, my life... To choose to live that pretentious life is to cause "the cross of Christ t0 lose its power (1 Cor. 1:17).

Followers of Jesus should have His power flowing through us: "you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you" (Acts 1:8). Though I've experienced this power so many times, in answered prayers, in healings, in salvations, in real miracles... I still feel like I'm not even close to having God's intended measure of power for my life.

I'm determined to have more of this power. I want my words to be His words. I want to hear his voice and speak life into people's lives. I want God's power to flow through my hands when I touch people. I want His power to flow in my family. I want Him to use me to bring restoration and salvation to people's lives, marriages, etc. I want my life to count.
  • Who's lives has God changed through me?
  • When was the last time I clearly heard from God's Spirit?
  • How powerful is God's Word in my life? How much of it is in my heart?
  • Do people see Jesus in my daily life? In my talk, walk, work, play...
Father, remove from me everything that stops your power from flowing. Forgive me for often settling for ordinary living and not pursuing the Holy life. Use me Lord. Fill me Spirit. Make my life Glorify Your Name Jesus.
Post a Comment