Friday, July 08, 2011

What Does God Want?

You ever wander what God really wants from us? So much of our energy is spent trying to figure out that question. What should I do next... what is my purpose in life... how should I live my life... what does God want from me?

Well, I love texts like this one I came across this week where God just plainly tells us what He is really looking for from us:

"What does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases Him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. And you mus always obey the Lord's commands... for your own good." Deuteronomy 10:12-13  (NLT)

When you don't know what to do, just ask yourself these questions that I'm asking myself this week:

1. Am I living in a way that pleases Him? Do I have a healthy fear of God?
2. Am I loving God with all my heart and soul or is my heart cold?
3. Am I serving God with all my heart and soul or is my life lived for myself?
4. Am I obeying the things I already know He wants me to do?
5. Do I believe that obeying Him is really for my own good?

Maybe things would be much better for us if instead of trying to figure out our specific purpose in life, we would focus on pleasing Him, loving Him, serving Him, and obeying Him. Maybe that's how our purpose unfolds and we find fulfillment in life.
Post a Comment