Monday, August 30, 2010

Rhythm of Faith

This past Sunday morning I got to teach at the South Bay Church worship services. I did part 2 of our "Rhythm of Faith" series and talked about building a foundation for faith. Here are some of the key principles I shared for those of you interested in taking your faith to another level:

To hear the whole talk, click here.

John 6:30-40 (NLT)

They answered, “Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do? After all, our ancestors ate manna while they journeyed through the wilderness! The Scriptures say, ‘Moses gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”

Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, Moses didn’t give you bread from heaven. My Father did. And now he offers you the true bread from heaven. The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

“Sir,” they said, “give us that bread every day.”

Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me…

  • Our experiences, families, and leaders can help us develop a foundation for our faith, but they cannot be the foundation.
  • Uncommon faith comes when you see God in the common realities of life.

John 3:11-12 "I assure you, we tell you what we know and have seen, and yet you won’t believe our testimony. But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?"

  • As we grow in our personal relationship with God, we also grow in our ability to see His greatness in the smallest details of life.

  • By ZOOMING IN and ZOOMING OUT we are reminded that in the seemingly common, we can see the infinite glory of God.

"ZOOM OUT" HERE:

Psalm 147:4 "He counts the stars and calls them all by name. How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!"

Psalm 19:1 "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him knows. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world."


Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
Post a Comment