The name Yahweh Yireh has these meanings: "God is showing us", "God who sees to it", "God who provides". God revealed himself as Yahweh Yireh when Abraham took his son up the mountain in obedience to God's command, and as he was about to sacrifice his son, the angel of the Lord stopped him and showed him a ram. The ram was God's provision for the sacrifice, in the place of his son. God provided what Abraham needed at the right time.
This is the part of God's character that assures us that:
- when we are weak, He provides the strength
- when we feel unable to do what He called us to do, He enables us
- when we think we don't have what it takes, He provides what we need
- when we don't know how to obey Him in the midst of our situations, He provides...
- when we are feeling condemned, He provides forgiveness