Monday, March 26, 2012

A Great Example of Wife & Mother.

This morning, as I was praying for my wife, God gave me a fresh reminder of how special she really is.  Then I began to write her a text to share with her how special she is, but felt like I couldn't do it justice with two sentences.  Then I began to write her an email instead, but still felt like it wasn't enough.  So then I decided to just write a blog post about it, as a way of encouraging others with her example.  There are way too few examples in our world of great wives and mothers in my opinion.   Here are some of the things that make her special:

  • She places high value on wisdom.  She is always reading a book and seeking wisdom from others, so that she can become a better wife, better mother, better Christian, better person.  She is daily in the Word of God, gaining wisdom from it.  She is currently working to memorize the whole book of James in the Bible (she is on chapter 3 :).   Proverbs 31:26.
  • She prioritizes the home.  She understands that our most important investment is our kids.  If we gain much money, reach success in the eyes of the world, but our kids don't grow to love God and serve Him with character and integrity, then it's all worthless.  She understands that one of our primary missions as a couple is to mold the hearts of our kids, which in our opinion, starts with us having a good marriage.  I thank God that she understands that!

  • She takes her relationship with God seriously.  My wife understands how important it is to walk in intimacy with Jesus.  She doesn't care about looking religious, she just knows that it is intimacy with the Creator that matters.  She even chose to join me this month in a 21 day fast in praying for God to move powerfully this Easter at our church and for God to move in our friends who are far from God, so that they would come to know Him.
  • She treats me with respect.  She speaks well of me in public, she respects my decisions, she embraces her role in the family.  We both understand that though we're equal in value, we still have different roles in the home.  For some reason, people see the value of this in every area of life, except for the home.   You wouldn't want a basketball team with all guards.  She let's me lead in the home and embraces her role as mom, wife...
  • She understand the value of investing in people's lives.  She leads a Life Group, where she invests in the life of 12 or women each week and is constantly investing in others.  She understands that our legacy is not seen in the stuff we leave behind, but the lives that we impact during our lifetime.  
  • She is just as radiant inside as she is outside.  1 Peter 3:4 says that wives should clothe themselves "with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty that comes from a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious in the sight of God."  That's my wife.
  • She is trustworthy and lives with integrity.  Integrity is a big deal to Mandy.  She doesn't tolerate dishonesty and takes her words very seriously.  I'm so glad to have a wife I can trust.
"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?  She is more precious than rubies.  Her husband can trust her,  and she will greatly enrich his life." Proverbs 31:11

Post a Comment