I then decided to build our own triple bunk bed. Mandy and I looked up some cool designs on Pinterest, then made our own.
Most of what I used can be bought at a local Lowes, Home Depot, Orchard Supply, etc. I used Redwood because it is smoother and more durable for furniture building.
I also recommend purchasing a Kreg Jig which makes this project a lot easier.
You might want to double check materials and measurements, since I changed some things on-the-go.
- Ten 2"x6"x8' Redwood
- Three 1" Plywood (for bottom of bed frames)
- Six "L" brackets for corners of bed frames
- Three 3/4-in x 5-ft Black Iron Pipe
- Five 3/4-in x 18" Black Iron Pipe
- Thirteen 3/4-in Diameter Black Iron Floor Flange Fitting
- Three 3/4-in Diameter Black Iron Tee Fitting
- Ten 3/4-in Dia 90-Degree Black Iron Street Elbow Fitting
- Eighteen Heavy Duty "L" Brackets/Braces for holding Plywood
- VOC-free paint
- Box of 3/4" screws
- Box of 2"screws
- Box of 4" screws (for connecting frame to wall)
- Metal cable for curtain
- Three IKEA lamps